What diet should I take to lower prolactin level?

Feb 2013

I'm trying to lower my prolactin level and was wondering what foods I should avoid eating?
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

There is no specific food group or item to avoid in people with high prolactin levels.

Rather I advise you to take the foods which are XXXXXXX in zinc and vitamin B6 like poultry, red meat, green beans, crabs, peanuts, whole grain flour, wheat germ, XXXXXXX carrots, soya beans, spinach, lentils, etc. to lower your prolactin levels in addition to the use of medication.

And the main part of treating significantly high prolactin level is by using prescribed medications like bromocriptine or cabergoline.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.