What could cause pain at the back part of the ankle?

I am getting pain at the back part of my left ankle severely many times a day. When there is a long gap of me standing or walking etc.
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Change the foot wear Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Sometimes with ill-fitted foot wear you can get pain in the back of the ankle. Also do regular exercise which helps to maintain the muscle and tendon health. Apply Diclofenac gel if the pains too severe. Regards,
Follow-up: What could cause pain at the back part of the ankle? 2 hours later
Thanks Dr XXXXXXX I will go with your advice of changing the footwear soon. Have a nice day ahead.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 18 hours later
Brief Answer: You are welcome Detailed Answer: Thanks for using this service. Regards,