What could cause a night of vaginal bleeding after heavy drinking?
User rating for this question
What could be cause of vaginal bleeding after a night of heavy drinking?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Radhika 2 hours later
Thanks for the query.
Generally alcohol does not cause bleeding directly, but alcohol can interfere with health of blood vessels by damaging proteins and weakening blood vessel walls. Bleeding sometimes can occur when blood vessels are not healthy or damaged. Alcohol also can impair metabolism of certain important vitamins and minerals which can lead to bleeding.
Also some studies have shown that ativan can cause Metrorrhagia (Bleeding between periods).
Other common causes which can cause vaginal bleeding are:
1. Trauma is also a cause of bleeding. An IUD (intrauterine device) may cause bleeding. Injury (trauma to the vaginal wall) from sexual intercourse may happen.
2. In women of childbearing age (around18-40 years), the most common cause of abnormal uterine bleeding is pregnancy and its complications such as ectopic pregnancies or miscarriages.
3. Other causes like pelvic inflammatory disease, polyp, uterine fibroids and carcinoma must be ruled out.
You should observe the amount of bleeding and if it continues for a longer period then you need to do a Physical examination by a Gynecologist.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries.
Wish you good health and speedy recovery.
People also viewed
- Does implantation cause whitish substance in the cervix
- Personality disorder 2 year old hitting himself
- Vaginal itching dryness fibromyalgia sjorgens or lupus
- Skipping rope to be fit is it harmful for uterus
- How to improve immune disorder
- Lymphatic hyperplasia nail disorder
- Vaginal bleeding after heavy drinking
- What can cause heavy vaginal bleeding
- Infant sticking out tongue disorder
- Vaginal bleeding after heavy alcohol drinking
- Suffer from vaginal discharge and sore herpes or bacterial infection
- White substance around cervix advise
- Causes of vaginal bleeding after heavy lifting
- Prolonged vaginal bleeding what could be the cause
- Receptive language disorder uk