What could be the reason for vomiting blood when suffering from migraine?

Hi , I have had a migraine for a day and have vomited twice this time I had 3 small areas of blood in my vomit
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Nothing serious... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX You are saying to have a migraine associated with vomiting (twice). Usually, vomitus is acidic and can cause laceration of the esophagus mucosa leading to small areas of blood. So, if the vomiting recurs, you can measure the quantity of blood as compared to 1 sip, or glass for future reference and evaluation. If you are having gastric complains, then, further investigations are needed. Otherwise, nothing serious. Take plenty of water and some rest. Hope it answered to your query! Dr.Klerida Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!