What could be the reason for swelling under lower eye lid muscle?

Question
eye lid muscle lower swollen no infection
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Guru 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Refer below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! I can answer your query more appropriately if you can upload the photo of affected eye or can tell me how did you know that there is no infection. Wish you good health!

Follow-up: What could be the reason for swelling under lower eye lid muscle? 1 hour later
this happen from a small vein when filler was put in cheeks can compress w/ warm be used

Answered by Dr. Guru 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Refer below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for follow up! Got it now! The reason of swelling may be due to local collection of small amount of blood leading to small hematoma formation. As the tissue in this region is very loose compared to others, it tends to persist for longer period usually 3 weeks. I personally do not suggest usage of warm compress without doing a physical as there may be chance of inflammation. You need to wait for the hematoma to get resolved but a visit to family physician is also needed to confirm hematoma and to avoid complications like getting the region turn black and becoming tender. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have have any clarifications. If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: WWW.WWWW.WW Wish you good health!