What could be the reason for small painless lumps on posterior of forearm?

I discovered two small lumps on the posterior side of my right hand fore arm. They are under the skin and feel like compressed pea. They are not visible. But you can feel it once you move your fingers in the region.. They do not pain. Buts because of anxiety I'm pressing them again and again and fee little pain. Want to know, 1. Is it a lymph node swelling 2. if not what could be the reason for these lumps
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Benign tumour perhaps... Detailed Answer: Hi, Though enlarged lymph node is possible, it is not very common at this area. I would consider benign tumour such as lipoma or fibroma/neurofibroma as the most likely cause if some calls me and informs that he has similar looking bumps. Since the bumps are small, not growing and not hurting you, you need not be worried. You can wait and watch over the bumps for now. As and when feasible, you can get this checked from your doctor whenever feasible. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards