What could be the reason for racing heart and palpitation inspite of having negative stress echo test?

Had stress echo done today Because especially at night and waking up with a racing heart and unable to catch breath very concerned about my heart was told stress echo was normal does that check for heart disease ? I am concerned and don't know why this is happening every night it just happened now I fall asleep , really tired and then it happens .. Really sleepy and afraid yo fall asleep. I don't think it's anxiety it happens mostly at night can it be Gerd or my thyroid level was 0.10 low ?? The ER doesnt have answwers .. Dont want go to be sent home
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: One more investigation can be tried. Detailed Answer: Hello, Racing heart and palpitation is momentary event, so 2D echo or stress test may not pick it up.24 hours EKG monitoring may document such episode of racing of heart and help doctor to reach a diagnosis. Sometimes racing heart is due to anxiety as well.Please let the doctor also know about stress or anxiety , if any. Hope this helps.Regards
Follow-up: What could be the reason for racing heart and palpitation inspite of having negative stress echo test? 5 minutes later
I feel very tired .. Palaptions , short of breath and a few minutes ago woke up confused heart racing and short if breath . I really dont Know what to do it's very scary I think to the emergency room several times and nothing. I had an go separately done two weeks ago stress echo today had a CAT scan of the heart for months ago or normal. Very comcerned
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Investigations have not documented anything. Detailed Answer: Since the performed investigations have not documented anything, doctor might have not put you on any medications. There can two ways to about this. Ask for a trial based treatment for palpitation from your cardiologist.Or get a 24 hours or more EKG monitoring done to document changes and then plan treatment. Regards.