What could be the reason for narcisstic behaviour?

In my break up with my boyfriend i saw his macho attitude and thought he is almost i would of said a narcissist, one day he mirrored back my behavior and have almost come to realize that maybe i am the one who is displaying narcisstic behaviors and trying to find out coping skills for this behavior
Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be related to empathy.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there, thanks for asking. The narcissistic behaviour could be seen in many people in some situations. A good way to avid it is to try to empathize with the partner. Also, it is useful to practice some behaviour that shows the resources of affection are not limited. It can help gradually to change the person's behaviour. Let me know if you have another question. I wish you a good relationship.