What could be the reason for Cough deposition in the throat inspite of using nexpro for acidity and fluticasone spray?

Apr 2014

i take 20mg nexpro as i am suffering from acidity which doctors prescribed for more than four years and i have little difficulty in swallowing and do not eat the food very fast i have done endocrinology for the throat two times and a endoscopy one time and barium swallow test i take montek lc which helps me a lot and fluticasone spray which helps me feel bettera and after some time ther is a cough deposit in my throat but after montek lc i get releif
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Your problem may be due to post nasal drip. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXX Thanks for writing to HCM Cough deposition in the throat may be due to post nasal drip and it is due to allergic rhinitis.Acid reflux can also cause same symptoms. You can take combination tablet of pantoprazole 40 mg and domperidone10 mg half hour before food for six weeks. You should also take short course of antibiotics like tablet Roxithromycin 150 mg twice daily for five days. You need proper evaluation by a ENT specialist.You are receiving right treatment. Steroid inhaler (fluticasone spray) is prescribed to you due to severe nature. Montek LC contains Montelukast and Levocetirizine dihydrochloride.It is best for allergic reactions.It will help in long term maintenance. You can take Cyproheptadine for post nasal drip. Other common causes like pharyngitis,dust exposure,common cold etc should also be excluded. You need investigations like routine hemogram,RBS,Chest X-ray(PA view).Further investigations can be done if needed. You should avoid alcohol and smoking completely if you take it. You should take anti hypertensive medicines regularly. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX