What could be the cause of swollen lymph nodes, assymetrical age spots on face and stomach and bruising over legs ?

I have been ill for over 6 years undiagnosed. As a child I had membrano proliferative glomereul nephritis and then remissioned. My symptoms now are extreme fatigue, migraines, spinal and flank pain, groin pain, swollen neck, soar throat, loss of voice, extreme sleep sweats, weakness, vision problems, cognitive failure, clumsiness.,very low blood pressure and orthostatic whatever its called :(. I have had every MRI/catscan/Bloodwork under the sun and everything falls into normal range- except for elevated calcium, low lymphocytes, IGG positives, and fluctuating filtration between 60% and 96%. I have been completely disabled -and went from self employed work aholic to my life being stolen. I cannot care for my 5 year old little girl. I was tested for cortisol this week, and doing 24 hour urine starting tomorrow for cortisol. I am going to request 24 hour urine for tumor markers as i have swollen lymph nodes in groin for over a year... have had swollen lymph nodes in neck and clavicular for 5-6 years -but when I have a good day, they go down a bit... the worst for me is the head pressure that travels down my neck and spine and immobilzes me. Neurologist- fine -Rheumotoid fine -Oncology -they are unsure, but everything blood and catscan wise shows nothing -General Practicioner hates me and thinks I am a hypochondriac- but you cannot fake fevers, and night sweats, and all the other... they are visible... I also have a bruise like XXXXXXX on my foot for 6 months- its about 4 inches in diameter -and I have brown eyelids, and a sudden face mask -looking like age spots but mask like -I have brown assymetrical age spots on my stomach out of nowhere and bruising all over my legs- while all I do is stay in bed. All doctors including infectious disease have ruled out everything. I am at a complete loss and do not wish to live this quality of life any longer.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Women's Health
Follow-up: What could be the cause of swollen lymph nodes, assymetrical age spots on face and stomach and bruising over legs ? 13 minutes later
I apologize, I have been in therapy with a psychologist for 11 years since my Dad died. She is the one that has seen my decline and knows me and is pushing me to follow up for a biological explanation. She is adamant that this is not psychological or depression related. She is top of the field in our area and she knows me very very well. we have worked hard together over the years and she has sadly watched my decline in function and is very concerned. She has called my PC and others to give them her feedback, on who I am/was... and what she witnesses now and does NOT relate it to my transient/episodic depressions. (sorry, thought this was valid)
Follow-up: What could be the cause of swollen lymph nodes, assymetrical age spots on face and stomach and bruising over legs ? 3 minutes later
50lb weight loss in past year -I am tiny -small frame... normal weight 155-160... 5 7 -now 115. I eat GOOD -healthy -we cook from scratch. no soda or frieds. okay. Im done. Sorry.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 minutes later

Your symptoms do not sound to me like a psychological problem.

Swollen lymph nodes for over a year with IgG positives definitely point towards a chronic infective disorder.

Cases of idiopathic membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis usually show positivity for IgG and C3.

Acute weight loss of 50 lbs in one year with good diet is again a matter of concern.
I would advise you to get a FNAC of your lymph node done- a small sample from the node is taken with the help of needle and it will help in diagnosis of nature of lymph node swelling.

Acute weight loss and multiple nodes is also suggestive of some malignancy. It is good that you are going for the tumor markers.

You also need to exclude a benign type of viral syndrome. Viruses in the environment are common and when we are exposed to them they can sometimes trigger a constellation of symptoms including fatigue, lymph gland swelling, pains all over body,etc.

I would advise that you support your body with good hydration, adequate sleep, a well-balanced diet and a moderate exercise regimen. Exercise is actually good for the immune system which is why I suggest it here.

In addition you can supplement your diet with some Vitamin C - 1000 mg daily and consider drinking some immune boost type of tea such as Echinacea which is readily available at most supermarkets.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: What could be the cause of swollen lymph nodes, assymetrical age spots on face and stomach and bruising over legs ? 1 hour later
I thank you and am doing all of your suggestions. Vitamin C, and swimming daily for exercise and vitamin D from the sunshine. I drink about 100 ounces of water with lemon daily and eat a lot of raw spinach and tomatoes. I had a biopsy for lymph nodes a few months ago, but instead the surgeon accidentally removed a salivary gland. ?? which showed not much -some irregularities but nothing remarkable. I do suspect a systemic viral problem, but all have come back negative repeatedly. I am truly grateful for the time you took to answer my concerns. I will continue to follow up with cortisol, kidney function and tumor markers with my GP. I hope this post helps others.
Best Regards,
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 38 minutes later

Thanks for writing again.

I would still suggest you to go for a repeat FNAC of the swollen lymph node.

Systemic viral infections are usually symptomatic only - most of the blood tests come normal in such infections.

Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.