What could be the cause of pain in left scrotum area persistent for 4 months causing pain during ejaculation?

Question
i have been having a dull pain in my left scrotum area for 4month, pain not impairing my daily activities but when i have hard on or trying to ejaculate it is painful. am really concerned could this be a serious problem like testicular cancer. am 42yrs old weigh 94kg and 5:7 in height. last year i was treated for NGU following blood in my semen
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Hello.
Dull pain in the left scrotum without any swelling with painful ejaculation can be due to-
1. Epididymitis- Inflammation of epididymis.The most common cause of epididymitis is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) such as gonorrhea or chlamydia.At your age it is often because of enlargement of the prostate gland. This can be ruled out on an ultrasound scan.
2.Orchitis (inflammation of the testicle): This inflammatory condition of the testicle generally occurs because of an infectious process. Antibiotics are needed for the treatment.
3.Testicular tumor: A tumor rarely causes testicular pain. It is important to conduct regular self-examinations of the testicles to locate any lumps or masses, as early detection improves the prognosis for testicular cancer.
An examination by a surgeon can only rule out the above conditions and then suggest you the related treatment.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Regards.