What could be the cause of numbness in face and left hand, shortness of breath in asthmatic ?

My face is feeling numb and tense, and my left hand is feeling numb and I have too much anxiety this is the this happened and sometimes I feel a shortness of breath. I have asthma
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 22 minutes later

Thanks for posting on your query. Shortness of breath can be due to asthma but anxiety attacks are also known to cause breath shortness and numbness and tingling sensations. Are you taking any antianxiety medications for this?

Other than that, these symptoms can be due to diabetes, vitamin B 12 deficiency, thyroid causes, nerve irritation and neurological causes. We need to confirm the diagnosis by getting your blood sugar levels, EKG heart, vitamin B 12 levels and a neurological examination from a neurologist done.

You should eat a healthy diet consisting more of meat and non veg products which are XXXXXXX sources of vitamin B 12. If you are a vegetarian then you can take vitamin B 12 supplements after consulting your physician.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health.