What could be the cause of itchy bumps on genitals and thighs?

My husband has bumps all over his private area including on his penis he is itching all the time getting worst what could it be? he also has hit on his inner thighs
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: he could be having scabies Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. From the description provided and image attached, it seems your husband is probably having scabies. Personally in my clinical practice I treat such cases by prescribing below mentioned medicines Tablet Ivermectin 12 mg single stat dose Apply 5 percent permethrin overnight all over the body neck downwards and wash it off next morning. from next day onwards apply steroid cream twice in a day over itchy bumps for a week or two. Take tablet cetrizine to alleviate the itch. Hope this would help your husband too. Should there be any further query or doubt, please write back.