What could be the cause for lump on my cheek bone after a fall?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I fell and hit my cheek a month ago and it was bruise really bad but now there's a lump on my cheekbone that won't go away
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. If there wasnt lump before hit then this is probably just hematoma or blood clot and it should disappear soon. It may take 6-8 weeks till complete resolution. rarely there can traumatic fibroma occur after such hits and it may persist longer and sometime it should be surgically removed. Third possiblity is that there was cheekbone fracture and if there is still pain and swelling,you should do xrays to rule this out. So,this is probably the first thing and you should be patient but more, apply some warm compresses on it,take antiinflamamtoy painkillers and try to massage this area easily. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards