What could be the cause for having soreness and pain below belly button while suffering from vaginal thrush?

hello I have very bad vaginal thrush im very sore and uncomfortable down below ive tried inserting a pessery but its not going in and hurts really really bad have I damaged something ? im bleeding fresh blood a bit too ? what have I done im very very sore and pain below my belly button to ive appendix out 5 yrs ago im currently on three weels antibiotics ethromycin liqud im very sore
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Trauma & other pelvic pathologies need exclusion. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for consulting us. Vaginal thrush is a very common problem with prolonged antibiotic use. Usually, cure is achieved by vaginal pesseries, but, sometimes oral antifungal medicines are also required. Second vaginal option is antifungal creams. You have not mentioned any thing about your last menstrual period and I have concerns about your state of pregnancy, as oral medicines are not for pregnant ladies. Anyway, with the given information it is strongly recommended that you consult a Gynecologist at the earliest. As bleeding fresh blood & pain in the absence of menstruation is of concern. Specially if you are pregnant. Once trauma & pelvic pathology is ruled out by direct pelvic examination by a specialist, your doctor will confirm the diagnosis & may insert the vaginal pessary or apply anti-fungal cream, whatever is best for you. Hope I have given you the desired information. Please write back if you have any question. Wish you good health. Best regards.
Follow-up: What could be the cause for having soreness and pain below belly button while suffering from vaginal thrush? 10 hours later
im not pregnant never have been period ended on 23rd im under a gyn but under nhs wales in uk I can't push for appointments we are giving one when they can I'm just so sore down below
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 37 hours later
Brief Answer: Some suggestions. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for discussing your problem & very sorry for being late to respond. I was confused about your pregnant status as you selected pregnancy category for your question. Sorry for being wrong. You may try Canestine vaginal cream if it is available OTC in UK. Try it in very small amount initially to exclude allergy. Second option is Gentian violet. It has very good effect on vaginal thrush & is usually available in pharmacies without prescription. I think you can get that & paint the effected area with it. The negative point is that it will stain the area purple for some time & may even stain your garments. So, be careful. This is the only advise I can offer online without examining you. I think with pain & bleeding you can visit Emergency department of your hospital without appointment to exclude any internal injury etc. God bless you. Take care.