Ask a Urologist   »  

What could be the cause for abdominal pain on pelvic area?

Dear doctor, it's been 6 years i have been experiencing abdominal pain, i have consulted many doctors...some told, its due to kidney stone...some told it could be any intestine's exactly on my pelvic side ( both sides) day it's less, one day it's more....could you be please suggest..wt could be my problem ....thanks and kind regards
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 38 hours later
Brief Answer: Cause can be detected----------------------------- Detailed Answer: Welcome to the forum. It is unfortunate the cause of abdominal pain has not been made yet. No wonder famous stalwart physicians of the past have quoted the abdomen as a magic box! I would like to know the associate symptoms if any, like bowel habits ( constipation or diarrhea), urinary symptoms, associated with body posture and so on. The organs of origin of the pain could be either urinary tract or the bowel or the muscles. Kindly get back with the answers, Truly
Follow-up: What could be the cause for abdominal pain on pelvic area? 29 minutes later
Dear Doctor, Thanks for Answering my question, I don't have any constipation or diarrhea problem....but sometimes i am getting lose stool...coming to urinary symptoms: i am drinking 5 to 6 liters of water per day, also each time i consult doctor,they asked me to take urine culture pus cells found...if its due to muscles..what could be a reason.... Thanks and kind regards XXXXX
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: treatable----------------------------------------- Detailed Answer: Welcome back XXXXX Since you do not have bowel symptoms or urinary symptoms, origin of pain from these organs is unlikely. So i would consider either muscular pain or what is called NON- SPECIFIC ABDOMINAL PAIN. In my experience, a trial of deworming and anti- amoebic treatment would be beneficial. If pain persists even after that, then muscle relaxants should help. Truly
Follow-up: What could be the cause for abdominal pain on pelvic area? 8 minutes later
Dear Doctor, I thank you for taking time out to answer my questions. Thanks
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later
Brief Answer: welcome------------------------------------------- Detailed Answer: welcome back. Wish you great health, Truly,