What causes weight gain after an ablation procedure?

I had ablation procedure in 2007. It was very successful, surgery was minimal in office procedure and never had any bleeding afterwards. My issues now are figuring out my weight gain began afterwards, never had a weight problem, EVER. Now, 25 lbs heavier and a cyst on my right ovary, not feel like myself, was peri-menipausal 5 years ago and was on HRT for 3 yrs and then got too expensive so have not bee taking any hormones, I do not have a period, I just turned 52 and my face is breaking out, my nipples are sore and I want to research the possibility of a hysterectomy. I'm hurting, confused and want to get to know my body again. I do not know this body I walk around in any longer.!
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: Thank you for sending the question. I think it is extremely important that you discuss this with your primary care doctor. I think it would also be reasonable for your doctor to consider a battery of diagnostic testing in the form of blood work. This can easily find if you have some type of vitamin deficiency or thyroid dysfunction which might contribute to weight gain. In addition it is extremely important that you take a look at your current lifestyle. This involves a thorough review of your current diet, caloric requirement for daily basis and the number of calories that you typically burn in a day. Also it is critical that you are participating in a daily regular exercise plan. This involves scheduled aerobic exercise outside of your normal daily activities. If this is difficult for you to do on your own you might consider reaching out to a local nutritionist, dietitian or physical trainer. A few sessions with these professionals can give you the guidance, information and determination that you might need to improve your current lifestyle. It is obvious that you want to turn your life in a direction or you can continue to be enthusiastic about enjoying good health. I hope he can be part of the process. Thank you again for sharing her healthcare concerns. Dr. G
Follow-up: What causes weight gain after an ablation procedure? 22 minutes later
Thank you for your opinion and recommendations. I do plan on contacting my gynecologist tomorrow for an appointment to discuss my very serious concerns.
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 45 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you Detailed Answer: You're very welcome and again thank you so much for sharing your healthcare concerns with us. Dr. G