Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes vomiting and cramping in stomach and lower back?

General Surgeon
I am a 29 yr old female and I started cramping in my stomach and lower back two days ago have not really been able to hold any food down and now I cant seem to pee I have the urge to go but nothing comes out
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Urinary tract infection. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Your symptoms are very characteristic for urinary tract infection (bladder infection most likely). Due to bacteria presence in the urine you can have lower abdominal pain, back pain, nausea, vomiting and burning while urinating. Trace of blood can appear in the urine. Fever can be present. It is advisable for you to have urine analysis and antibiotic treatment. In a meanwhile please increase mineral water intake and cranberries supplementation (when vomiting will stop). If you are unable to drink any liquids, even drips and hospital stay might be necessary. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.