What causes vaginal discharge during childhood?
User rating for this question
Hello Dr. My 7 year old daughter is having some discharge from vagina,it is odourless but slightly thick and whitish.consulted paediatrician prescribed some vitamin B +calcium syrup,but not effective. My child is very fussy about eating,urine and motions are normal.kindly opine.
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: DISCHARGE NOT A CAUSE FOR CONCERN. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Some amount of vaginal discharge is common during childhood. You should not be concerned as long as the discharge is not foul smelling, purulent, and associated with itching and redness of the local area. Please give her the multivitamin supplements, and do not worry about the discharge. Keep the area clean, just wash with lukewarm water, and dont use soaps, cleansers or scrub vigorously. Change the undergarments frequently. All the best Please feel free to discuss further.
People also viewed
- What causes excessive vaginal discharge during pregnancy
- White patches after eczema
- Edema after epispadia surgery
- First menstruation after salpingectomy
- Will i get periods after stopping tablet martinor
- Morning after pill side effect frequent urination
- What causes smelly vaginal discharge
- Stomach after ectopic pregnancy
- What causes green vaginal discharge
- What causes vaginal discharge during childhood
- What cause vaginal discharge
- Meftal spas can be used after mifepristone and misoprostol
- Can you take postinor2 after taking multivitamin
- Ovulating after microgynon
- After effects of viral infection in eye