What causes to have yellow liquid stool after taking powder to clean colon for colonoscopy?

The doctor gave me that powder stuff to clean out your colon for a colonoscopy I am having done and now I'm pooping yellow liquid. I am going every couple of minutes. Please Help.
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. The colon ( large bowel) contains feces. So it has to be evacuated before colonoscopy can be done. The powder stuff (Polyethylene Glycol 3350 NF Oral Powder ) that your doctor gave you is a laxative and it will clean out your colon. You will have loose stools till your whole colon is cleared of stool. Initially it would be yellowish semi solid and later it would be watery. Do not get scared. Drink clear fluids like chicken broth , soups, fruit juices which will help to prevent you from getting dehydrated. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini