What causes tingling and numbness in body when having BP?

May 2014

HEllo, just woke up about 1 hour ago to my arms and legs and part of my lower face on both sides feeling like they have gone to sleep. I have been walking around and this does not go away. BP is 128/77 and pulse is 99. Last night went to a walk-in clinic due to non stop diarrhea. Told I had stomach virus. Was given IV fluids and one antibiotic, cephalosporins and had an allergic reactions (hives and extreme itching). THey gave me benedryl also through an IV. Reaction went away. Was given 2 tables of immodium. Diarrehea has seemed to stop. Very concerned about arms, legs and face still tingling as though I am being held tightly and limbs are going to sleep. Could this still be an allergic reaction? Still have the strong tingling on legs arms and face
Posted Fri, 3 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Possibly due to dehydration and low electrolytes Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for writing in to us. Sorry to hear about your non-stop diarrhea and the problems you have been having since last night. You might be dehydrated and your electrolytes may be low. This can cause tingling and numbness in your body. Please rehydrate yourself as early possible by taking lots of fluids including fresh juices and oral rehydration solutions. Please protect yourself from cold weather. You may continue immodium for a day or two if you have hurried bowel movements. Regarding the antibiotics, pleas take note that you are allergic to cephalosporins and you may have to be given alternative medications from non cephalosporin groups like macrolides. Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have any doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek