What causes tightness in throat,shortness of breath and tingling in fingers?

Question
About 8 weeks ago had a sore throat, went to Dr and was diagnosed with Strep and took medication for it. After 2 weeks still tightness in throat. Started getting tingling in my fingers and toes. About a week later stiffness in jaw, difficulty opening jaw wide, tingling in face. This week my legs mainly my thighs have been sore and my legs feel really heavy when i walk. Also my back has gotten sore as if I have difficulty standing up straight. Also I feel shortness of breath with minimal physical activity.I'm at my desk now feeling like I'm breathing hard. just sitting at my desk. I walked up the street today and could barely breath. The past 3 weeks I can't sleep at night i wake up out of breath after 3 hours of sleep or so I've been to Dr and had EKG, Chest X-Ray, Blood tests to rule out vitamin deficiencies and other common illnesses. Gone to ENT and they put a camera in my throat and didn't find anything. Suggested it could be related to heartburn but I've never had it before and I am not convinced of this being the answer. I also had PFT testing done and it came back normal. I'm next scheduled for cardiologist for consultation. It feels as if breathing is much worse since PFT testing. Is that possible that breathing got worse? Should I ask for a repeat PFT?
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 days later
Brief Answer: repeat PFT not needed Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Most of the symptoms you have can be seen post streptococcal illness. Such symptoms occur as a result of reaction towards the immune complexes left behind after streptococcal infection. I would assume even the cardiologist doctor would clear you out. The symptoms do wane of on their own over a period of a month or so. If serious taking antiinflammatory drugs or a short course steroid would help. Do discuss the same with your treating doctor. There would be no need for repeat PFT. Wish you good health. Regards,

Follow-up: What causes tightness in throat,shortness of breath and tingling in fingers? 20 minutes later
Its been going on for over 8 weeks since the strep and appears to be getting worse by the day.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Start treatment Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. You may have to start treatment either with antiinflammatory or steroids. Discuss with your treating doctor. Regards,

Follow-up: What causes tightness in throat,shortness of breath and tingling in fingers? 38 minutes later
I cant exercise at all could this all be related im so short of breath and shooting chest pains

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 days later
Brief Answer: Myalgia Detailed Answer: Hi, Sorry for the delay in my response. Generalized Myalgia is what you have and is typically seen in such illness. Need not worry, though long term it is curable for sure. regards,

Follow-up: What causes tightness in throat,shortness of breath and tingling in fingers? 3 days later
ok thanks so much breathing is horrible now dr wants to do chest ct scan waiting for insurance approvals

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 minute later
Brief Answer: Go ahead Detailed Answer: Hi, Sure, do get the scan done. This will help to rule out other problems. Wish you good health. Regards,

Follow-up: What causes tightness in throat,shortness of breath and tingling in fingers? 2 days later
Could this be a possible PE or DVT?Got the chest CT scan done and it came out normal but still feel a shortness of breath, getting up and walking and my pulse is already 120. I don't feel that something is right. Every doctor is chalking it up to anxiety but I know my body and feel that there is something wrong. I've seen at least 5 doctors and not sure where to go now...

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 27 hours later
Brief Answer: Repeat PFT Detailed Answer: Hi, Sorry for the delay in my response. At this time , I would recommend a repeat PFT which can give information on your condition when CT has failed to. Regards,

Follow-up: What causes tightness in throat,shortness of breath and tingling in fingers? 1 hour later
Ok, I'll ask for a repeat PFT and see if it can be done.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sure Detailed Answer: Wish you good health, Regards,

called dr he doesn't feel repeat PFT is necessary...

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please take a second opinion Detailed Answer: Hi, Please consult another Pulmonologist and get yourself examined. Doing nothing will surely not help you. Regards,

Follow-up: What causes tightness in throat,shortness of breath and tingling in fingers? 46 minutes later
Can anxiety cause all of these symptoms?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 15 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes, Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes, anxiety can cause such symptoms. I believe its always right to rule all other possible causes before considering anxiety as the cause. Regards,

Follow-up: What causes tightness in throat,shortness of breath and tingling in fingers? 0 minute later
ok thanks I think they're may be some underlying anxuety at this point but feel something else may be related as well. ct scan was done without contrast do you thibk tjere is any point in asking for a repwat with contrast ro rule out PE?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: No need Detailed Answer: Hi, CT with contrast may not be of much help when a without contrast scan hasn't helped, specially in case of lungs. Regards,

ok thanks

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: You are welcome Detailed Answer: regards,