What causes thin black fiber in stool and on skin?

Is there a parasite that is a tiny piece of clear or black fiber as thin as a hair? My 10 mth old and I have them in our stool and all over our skin/clothing.
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Both of you have pinworm/ankylostoma infections Detailed Answer: Hi Mrs. XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. You, as well as your infant, are suffering from either, pinworm (also called threadworms); or ankylostoma (called hookworms) infestation in the intestine. A short-course of a deworming drug, such as, albendazole or mebendazole will free both of you of the worms. THE TREATMENT FOR BOTH TYPES OF WORMS IS THE SAME. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion; order stool tests, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal