What causes the infection of Klebsiella keratitis? Can it be caused by doctor's hands in eye?

what causes the infection of klebsiella keratitis, can it be caused by a doctor putting hand in eye without washing his hands or steralizing instruments, if so how long would it take it to become a very bad infection the cost of loosing a cornea
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 4 hours later

Thanks for the query

I would like to know little more in order to come to a better conclusion

1. How long ago was this?
2. Do you have other issues like diabetes? Are you on any medications!
3. Why are you suspecting klebsiella ? I would think more of pseudomonas more so because you are thinking in lines of hospital acquired.
4. Why was the initial transplant done?

In short, unsterile instruments is definitely one of the main reason for infections. The hospital should provide sterile instruments. Wiping it with hands and using them is not right and unethical especially when dealing with a transplant patient.

Please get back to me with the answers, I am awaiting your reply