What causes tenderness and nipple pain in my left breast?
User rating for this question
Hi I am a 52 year old women and a week ago I notice tenderness and nipple pain in my left breast. I have had no period for 3 months. I haven't notice any changes in my breast. Is this possibly menopause symtoms.
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibly Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Yes, some women may experience breast pain during perimenopausal period. This occurs due to hormonal fluctuation during this period. Some general measures can help in decreasing the pain, like: - Decreasing caffeine, salt and sugar intake. -Increasing intake of high fiber diet, green leafy vegetables etc. -Taking supplements of vitamin E, B complex etc. -Using well fitting inner wear -Routine exercises like walking, breathing exercises etc. You can use ice packs to control the pain. If pain persists even after doing all these things, once consult gynecologist. By examination and sonomammogram, possible cause of the pain can be identified. And treatment can be taken accordingly. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
People also viewed
- Side effect of femilon in men
- Osteoarthritis in hands and fingers
- What causes painful lump in breast surounding the nipple
- Is fas 3 kit more effective than nuforce 3 kit
- Uterine fibroids signs and symptoms
- How to improve kidney filtering
- What causes breast and nipple itching
- Growth plate fracture in finger
- Does fibromyalgia ever go away
- Meaning of ectropion penis urethra
- What causes tenderness and nipple pain in my left breast
- What causes soreness in the breast nipple
- Lumps in breast burning pain in nipples cause
- Microgynon ed and ferrous fumarate pills
- Microgynon ed and ferrous fumarate and pcos