What causes swelling in the lower abdomen after ovarian cancer treatment?
User rating for this question
for about three weeks I have had increasing swelling or edema in the extreme lower abdomen or pelvic area. I have been treated for stage iv ovarian cancer (chemo and surgery in 2012). I also have venous insufficiancy (legs). What can be causing this swelling. Can't get in to see the doctor for another week.
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. K. Harish 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: recurrence chances high Detailed Answer: In view of your past medical history of having been treated for cancer of the ovary, there is a very high chance of recurrence of the disease or fluid accumulation in the abdomen (malignant asictes - cancerous fluid). Other causes would be evaluated only when this is ruled out by necessary investigations.
People also viewed
- Chemotherapy and high sugar
- Back injury pain when pooping
- Pain in upper back respiritory infection
- What happens when a person stops chemotherapy
- Cmc vellore for ovarian cancer treatment
- Chemotherapy relieve itchy scalp
- Chemotherapy sperm ingestion unhealthy
- Ovarian cancer causes
- Does chemotherapy increase sugar levels
- Sharp middle back pain not from injury
- Advanced ovarian cancer treatments
- Cancer treatment for ovarian cancer
- Metastatic ovarian cancer treatment
- Inflammation on back right ribcage
- Problems with holding back pee