What causes stomach discomfort and diarrhea accompanied by severe joints pain?

General Surgeon
I have had G/I discomfort and diarrhea accompanied by severe pain in any joint, bone or muscle that I have unjured in the past for at least 8 weeks. A Lyme test was negative and my blood tests are all normal except for a low EOS%. What should I be looking into?
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Colonoscopy should be done. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. As you are over the age of 50, any bowels habit change or symptom should be checked with possible colon cancer. It is because the risk of this cancer significantly rises over the age of 50. Sometimes cancer due to immune system stimulation can cause joints or bones pain. It is possible that your symptoms are caused by regular flu however also fever should be present. I suggest you to do not wait with it any longer especially if the symptoms are present for some time now. Please visit your doctor and have colonoscopy done at first. Stool tests and stool culture test should be done as well. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.