What causes red and bruised leg with white spots all through after taking shower?

my daughter just got out of the shower and had one very mottled leg( red and bruised looking with white spots all through it) she was recently diagnosed with POTS but after having a TILT test and getting results last Wednesday they are now saying not sure as her heart rate didn't rise rapidly she was fainting a lot but has been slightly better the last few weeks but this mottled leg has me worried the skin discoloration has now gone since sitting down but she said it doesn't hurt but her leg feels uncomfortable.....should I take her to the ER ?
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Better to visit her doctor, instead of the ER Detailed Answer: Hello sir/ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. I can understand your concern, and am especially delighted for the presence of mind you showed by taking pictures of her legs. Although not very clear, I would say that the presentation your daughter suffered also matches the diagnosis of POTS. This is because, the hyperperfusion (increased blood flow) to the heart causes a presentation similar to your daughter's especially with changing positions or due to the temperature of the water during the shower. In response to your query, it would be wise to visit her doctor, not necessarily the ER; and report the presentation which would help them to get closer to confirming the diagnosis and provide you with treatment recommendations and lifestyle changes necessary to help your daughter cope with this condition. I hope this information helps you sir/ma'am. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.