What causes recurring fever in a child?
User rating for this question
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Sometimes due to decreased immnuity it is common in toddlers to have repeated infections. Since blood tests are normal there is nothing to worry. Regarding ESR ,it is not a very specefic marker and gets elevated in case there is any focus of inflammation in past. Sometimes it takes 4to 6 weeks for levels to get normal. I suggest you to get repeat test after 4weeks and in case it remains persistantly elevated serum protein electrophoresis or fibrinogen level could be done. Increased ESR in absence of any symptoms or examination findings is insignificant.. I also suggest you to give him nutritious diet so as to increase his immunity. Repeated hand washing should be done. Stop all kind of junk food. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. Wishing your child good health. God bless....
Follow-up: What causes recurring fever in a child? 1 minute later
Thanks doc but wat can we do to improve his immunity
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. Give balanced diet comprising of fruit,salads,green leafy vegetables,pulses,cereals,milk. Plenty of fluids. Also give him mixture of XXXXXXX leaves in boiled water with few drops of lemon,ginger and honey. You can also give indian gooseberry in form of muraba or chawanprash. And above all a big NO to all junk food. Hope this helps. Take care..
Follow-up: What causes recurring fever in a child? 0 minute later
Thank u very much doc qill certainly follow ur advise thank u so much for ur time
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: thanks. Detailed Answer: You are always welcome. In future if you need any guidance I would be glad to help. Wishing you and your family good health. God bless you...
People also viewed
- Is general feeling of tiredness or weakness a side effect of ibuprofen?
- Polio foundation causes
- Is general body swelling a side effect of amoxicillin and clavulanate?
- Is heavy non-menstrual vaginal bleeding a side effect of pirmella 1/35?
- Is quick to react or overreact emotionally a side effect of anafranil?
- What causes fever in toddlers
- What causes typhoid fever
- What causes a sudden fever
- Nutritional deficiency causes
- Is painful cold sores or blisters on the lips a side effect of simponi?
- Polio then wait causes
- Rash, mucous discharge causes
- What causes recurring fever in a child
- What causes hay fever
- Infantile pyloric stenosis causes