What causes recurrent sinusitis?

Hi I saw an ENT recently due to nasal obstruction and difficulty in breathing due to Sinus. I had mentioned to him that I was also feeling very weak and hence he had asked me to check my Vitamin D levels and Thyroid. Whilst the results for thyroid is negative my vitamin related tests revealed the below: Vitamin D (25 Hydroxy Cholecalciferol) - 13.41-D ng/mL - Deficiency level is < 20 as per the report. Vitamin B12 (Cyancoblamin) - 209.20 - L pg/mL - (normal range 211-946). Please let me know what this may indicate and what should I do to correct this issue
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Brief Answer: need to replace deficit and improve diet Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome to health care magic. Recurrent sinusitis may be due to a deviated nasal septum or some other problem like allergy or polyp etc which will be seen by the ENT surgeon. The low vitamin D3 level and vitamin B12 level indicates that day to day diet is deficient is deficient in nutrients and you need to improve on the dietary intake in form of ground nuts, soya, mixed legumes preparations and boiled rice, green leafy vegetables and fruits. Vitamin B12 is mainly obtained from animal origin foods like milk, cheeze, egg, meat and fish etc. You can use as acceptable to you culturally. You should also get reevaluated by a local physician and you should get injectable B12 initially to replete body stores and then oral supplements. Also make sure that you take a combination of calcium and vitamin D3 and recheck levels in 3 weeks. I hope the advise will be helpful for you.