What causes recurrent infections after bladder sling surgery?

Mar 2013
hello every since the Bladder sling surgery I keep getting a staph infection that keep re-occurring after my period , and I never had this problem before the surgery. I really need your help, I keep getting a re-occurring staph infection and the pain from the sling has not stopped since the surgery and I have not had sec with my husband at all since the surgery. The doctors say they can loosen it up but I may have to keep doing this of a while. I really wish I did not have the surgery. I really need , help, I owe any doctor so much if he or she can help me live normal iife again.
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Can you let me know when you had the sling surgery to be precise ? Between 6 months to one year after surgery, recurrent infections are common, and just need to be treated with culture based antibiotics. Hydration is a must. However, given your symptoms of pain and discomfort during sex, it is very obvious that the sling is too tight. You need to have a revision surgery to loosen / remove the sling. Please get it done, to restore your quality of life. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.