What causes recurrent infections after bladder sling surgery?
User rating for this question
hello every since the Bladder sling surgery I keep getting a staph infection that keep re-occurring after my period , and I never had this problem before the surgery. I really need your help, I keep getting a re-occurring staph infection and the pain from the sling has not stopped since the surgery and I have not had sec with my husband at all since the surgery. The doctors say they can loosen it up but I may have to keep doing this of a while. I really wish I did not have the surgery. I really need , help, I owe any doctor so much if he or she can help me live normal iife again.
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Can you let me know when you had the sling surgery to be precise ? Between 6 months to one year after surgery, recurrent infections are common, and just need to be treated with culture based antibiotics. Hydration is a must. However, given your symptoms of pain and discomfort during sex, it is very obvious that the sling is too tight. You need to have a revision surgery to loosen / remove the sling. Please get it done, to restore your quality of life. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.
People also viewed
- What causes leg swelling after bladder infection
- Diagnosis of Holiday heart syndrome
- 7 weeks postpartum cramps but no period
- 8 months postpartum uterine cramping
- Morning period pressure cramp
- What causes dizziness after gall bladder surgery
- Drugs/medication for Endometrial polyp
- Diagnosis of Subungual hematoma
- Transthyretin-related hereditary amyloidosis causes
- What causes recurrent bladder infection
- What causes recurrent infections after bladder sling surgery
- Recurrent bladder infections causes
- Mild cramping vagina throbbing
- Period cramps but no no period
- Drugs/medication for Septicemic plague