What causes rash on thighs when suffering from elevated liver enzymes?

Diagnosed with severe gallstones, scheduled for surgery Wednesday. Had a blockage causing jaundice, bilirubin in urine (high levels) and severe pain. Passed gallstones. Currently feeling fine but developed a rash on my thighs on Friday night, now it's all over my back and torso. Not sure if it's related. It doesn't itch. I've had all my immunizations for measles, had german measles when I was a kid. No fever, no pain. The rash is a bit hot to the touch. Liver enzymes are currently high and bilirubin is still high according to pre-op bloodwork done yesterday. Not sure if I should go to the hospital or wait. 30 yr old, caucasian, female. Overweight, lost 45 pounds in five months through diet and exercise. Otherwise healthy.
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 7 hours later
Brief Answer: High bilirubin/gallstones causing rash... Detailed Answer: Hi, The rash you are experiencing is due to high bilirubin caused by the gallstones. After the surgery, the symptoms should improve. You can apply cold compresses to the affected skin to ease the rash. I also suggest to start taking antihistaminic drugs; if the rash will worsen, I suggest to contact our doctor for further evaluation. All the best to your surgery! Dr.Klerida