What causes premature ventricular contractions on EKG?

Hello I am a 50 yr old male that has some anxiety from time to time when this happens i take my blood pressure and it can read on the high side like 170/100 but it will come down shortly after pulse is around 100 or so when this happens recently I have started to notice pvcs went to emerg and EKG confirmed that at the time my BP was 155/88 heart rate 90 Dr said he was not concerned so I will follow up with familly Dr and have 24hr heart moniter is there any other suggestions that you might have thank you for your time. yes on the EKG PVCS did show up .
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Further tests are highly suggested... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your medical history and highly suggest to run further tests including: - holter monitoring - cardiac echo - abdominal ultrasound - complete blood profile - bio-chemistry testing to determine the right diagnosis. Meanwhile, I advise to discuss with your cardiologist to start the treatment with beta-blocker. Hope it was of help! Dr.Benard
Follow-up: What causes premature ventricular contractions on EKG? 1 hour later
Thank you I don't have a cardiologist yet Dr sent me to see one 4yrs ago had echo Ekg stress test blood work all was good...was diagnosed with anxiety but did not have PVCS then but now 4 years laterI do ....I am going to have a holter moniter for 24hrs to start with again ...but my blood pressure seems to go up fairly high when I have anxiety otherwise its normal range 120/75...I was told PVCS pose no risk only if they come in 3.
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Please run the requested tests first... Detailed Answer: Hi back, Thank you for following up. It is better to run the requested tests before deciding the appropriate treatment. It is true that if PVCS if become 3 pose high risk. Looking forward to have your test reports soon! Dr.Benard