What causes postnatal mucus discharge and stomach bloating?
User rating for this question
4 months postnatal. still mucus discharge which appears to be increasing and my stomach appears to be getting slightly bigger again. had shrunk before. i had a normal delivery. i still have a slender frame. combo breastfeeding and formula. no period yet
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. The amount of vaginal discharge varies from woman to woman. Do not worry about it unless it is foul smelling / accompanied by itching, burning or pain. Regarding your tummy, it is normal to accumulate some fat on it after delivery. Even in women with a slender frame, tummy fat deposition is common after a childbirth. As you are not breastfeeding exclusively, and are now 4 months post partum, contraception is required, if you wish to prevent unintended pregnancies, since ovulation might resume anytime. Keeping in mind your symptoms, just take a pregnancy test . And switch over to a reliable method of birth control, if you are sexually active. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.
People also viewed
- Is candid cl tablet affect pregnancy
- Bright red blood in urine in women
- Do typhoid pills affect menstrual cycle
- What causes postnatal mucus discharge and stomach bloating
- What causes stomach bloating symptoms
- Plan b bright red blood
- What causes upper stomach bloating
- Cervical ectropion affect pregnancy?
- How to bring down blood urea
- One time bright red blood in saliva
- Does thrush tablet affect combination pill
- What causes severe stomach bloating
- Laxatives cause stomach bloating
- Power plates affecting contraceptive coil
- Bright red blood in stools soar throat