What causes pinching sensation below my waist inspite of having a hernia repair?

Hi I I've been having a pinching sensation under my waist a few inches from my belly button along with some intestinal distress. It's not painful but is something new to me. The pinching not the gastro problems. I had a hernia repair a few years ago and wondered if that had anything to do with it.
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 2 hours later
Brief Answer: previous Hernia surgery could be one of cause Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day If pinching is the only isolated complaint you are having then it could be likely to be due to hernia surgery. There could be entrapment of never due to hernia repair and sometimes it could present with pinching symptoms either immediately or few years after surgery. At the same time Its not advisable to just attribute it to past Hernia Surgery. It's advisable to see your Physician for further clinical examination and assessment of your complaint in order to avoid missing something. Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD