What causes persistent nausea after a complicated colon resection?

Hello, I had a complicated colon resection on November 7th. I see my surgeon again the end of this month, as she is on vacation. I am still experiencing nausea. I still have pain and good and bad days. Could you please let me know why I am still experiencing nausea.
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. The persistent nausea could be to medications you have been taking or could be due to a drug induced gastritis or stress gastritis. Sometimes it could be due to a reflux disease. I would start you on Prilosec and zofran/domperidone - these should help you. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini