What causes pain under rib cage radiating to back and shortness of breathe?

59 year old male, generally healthy, experiencing pain under my rib cage and radiating to my back on the right side... some shortness of breath. Woke with the pain, Advil quieted it slightly this AM, but seems to be intensified now that I have eaten lunch.
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Abdomen Pain Detailed Answer: Hello.Delighted to be able to help. If you have pain under the rib cage radiating to the back on the right side without having suffered trauma, gallbladder pathologies or pancreas pathologies are diagnoses to consider.You should go to an Emergency Service. They will examine you and probably will requested additional tests (abdomen radiography,abdomen ultrasound... )to rule out the pathologies mentioned. I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.I wish you good health.