What causes pain travelling from waist to the back?

The pain in my side has now moved from right hand side to my back I have no problems urinating or pain ..if I put my hand on my waist the pain is at my fore finger and thumb
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Looks like obstructing stone. Detailed Answer: Hello, In view of site of pain and change in pain's location its looks like you have got a stone stuck in mid ureter. Obstructed stones cause urine related pain oor symptoms only when they come closer to urinary bladder.Rest of the time its just pain on the side of the back radiating from lion to groin. Ideal would be to get an ultrasound done.It will confirm the stone and if not also evaluate for other issues which can cause pain in this location. More of a static pain in this region can be felt because of inflamed appendix and ovarian cyst.These are closer possible diagnosis.But in both of these issues there should not be migration of pain. Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.