Ask a Dentist   »  

What causes pain in teeth and gums?

Hello doctor, Actually my lower bottom teeth are aching....the pain is below the gum area..
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 24 hours later
Brief Answer: Could be due to gum recession. Detailed Answer: Hello and welcome. The cause for pain in the lower bottom teeth could be many,like gum recession,decay,pocket formation etc. Therfore to suggest better in this regard I need few details. 1.Do you have bleeding gums in upper or lower jaw? 2.Does your tooth /teeth shake upon touch also called as loose tooth? 3.Please watch very closely and see in the mirror if the gum covering your teeth has gone down(recession).? 4.Any change in co lour in your lower teeth? 5.Have you got any treatment done on any of your lower teeth previously please mention? Awaiting your response. Thanks. Take care.