What causes pain in groin and back?

I have had pain in both sides of my groin which circles around to my lower back. Sometimes one side will hurt more than the other. My legs also hurt when I stand. This pain comes and goes and the and the intensity changes. Some times very painful, (I can barely walk or stand up straight) sometimes not so much. I have PAD, I've had Fem Fem By Pass surgery 5 years ago. I recently had an arterial duplex that came back ok, so I don't think it's PAD related I did vomit yesterday morning and didn't feel well all day. Although today I feel ok. I went to my Dr. at firsthe thought kidney stone then appendix Know wants me to see an orthopedic dr. I'm not sure. Can you help?
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: need more specification Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today. I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering from so much problem. But before reaching to any conclusion, I want to know that, does this pain go to your legs also? do you feel numbness in legs or groin? what makes pain worse or what make it better? (like any position) --Dr. Alok
Follow-up: What causes pain in groin and back? 24 hours later
Sorry it took so long, the pain only goes to my thighs. It's similar to the pain I have with the pad. when I rest the pain there goes away. No numbness just pain. sharp pain in my groin, side, and back being very still makes it hurt less. moving it hurts more.
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: radiculopathic pain Detailed Answer: Hi it seems that you have radiculopathic pain ( due to nerve compression) An MRI of L-S spine will confirm
Follow-up: What causes pain in groin and back? 21 minutes later
thank you. I will talk to my dr. about getting a script for an MRI. If it turns out to be radiculopathic pain what is done about it?
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: medicines Detailed Answer: Hi If it is due to radiculopathy, there are medicines and physiotherapy available If these are not helpful, injections and surgery can be the option