Ask a Dentist   »  

What causes pain in gap between molar and premolar teeth?

Hi,I'm a 25 year old woman. I have a little space between my molar and premolar on the right side of my teeth and sometimes when just a little food gets stuck in there,it gives me so much pain. It goes away for a while but recently I feel the pain slightly even when there's nothing stuck in there,
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: probably gingival recession Detailed Answer: Hi; Welcome to HCM; I have gone through your query and understood your problem. i suspect gap between molar and premolar teeth is accumulating the chewed food particles and debris which undergoes bacterial decomposition and forms acid which inflammes the gum tissue leading to pain and bleeding. if not treated ; over a period of time it dissolves the bone(periodontitis) leading to more spacing;loosing of teeth. Pain in your case is due to gingival inflammation and recession.i would suggest you to visit a dentist and get the deep gum cleaning and currettage done which will improve gum health reducing space between the teeth . meantime you can use dental floss to clean the inter dental area preventing it from more inflammation. I hope this satisfies you;if you have further doubts you can write back to me. take care; Dr.farah XXXXXXX