What causes over senstitive nipples in men?

Hi I am a 57 year old man. I have always had sensitive nipples but as Im getting older they seem to be getting bigger and more sensitive , even rubbing on my T shirt gets me aroused , Is this normal? thanks
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: Hello & thank you for submitting your question. As men age, they can experience a condition called gynecomastia where the natural breast tissues that men have become more sensitive and growth-responsive to hormones produced during the aging process. Regarding specifically areolar enlargement, this would be a matter addressed best with a physical examination by your physician, as well as an overall check up. Your doctor can assess your symptoms in the context of your overall physical state of health and even can consider checking hormone levels, if deemed necessary. Thank you again & I hope this was helpful. Take care, Dr G