What causes numbness, tingling and swelling in my right hand with soreness in upper arm?
User rating for this question
Hi I have a numbness, tingling and swelling in my right hand, associated with a soreness in my upper right arm (no pain in joints). I cannot raise this arm over my head. There is also some minor pain in the right side of my neck. This has occurred every day for the last four days. Any immediate ideas as to a cause? Thank you!
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: may be cervical radiculopathy Detailed Answer: Thanks for writing to us. Pressure on the nerves in cervical spine can cause tingling and numbness in upper limbs. I would suggest to consult orthopaedic doctor and you may need to get spine xrays. Also check your vit B12 levels as well. To relieve your pain you can take anti inflammatory with muscle relaxants and pregabalin 75. Thanks.
People also viewed
- Ocular mastocytosis and optic neuritis
- Headache chills fatigue body aches
- Moderate white matter problem
- Surgery for accessory navicular
- Acceptable levels of arsenic
- What causes tingling sensation and numbness in hands and arms
- Marijuana and spinal stenosis
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- Venous sinus thrombosis marijuana
- Vagal schwannoma and marijuana
- Tru-close accordion drain
- What causes tingling and numbness in feet and hands
- Right arm tingling and numbness in hand
- Tooth abscess without pain
- What causes tingling and numbness in arms