What causes numbness, tingling and swelling in my right hand with soreness in upper arm?

Spine Surgeon
Hi I have a numbness, tingling and swelling in my right hand, associated with a soreness in my upper right arm (no pain in joints). I cannot raise this arm over my head. There is also some minor pain in the right side of my neck. This has occurred every day for the last four days. Any immediate ideas as to a cause? Thank you!
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: may be cervical radiculopathy Detailed Answer: Thanks for writing to us. Pressure on the nerves in cervical spine can cause tingling and numbness in upper limbs. I would suggest to consult orthopaedic doctor and you may need to get spine xrays. Also check your vit B12 levels as well. To relieve your pain you can take anti inflammatory with muscle relaxants and pregabalin 75. Thanks.