What causes numbness on thumb?

Hi Doctor, i am feeling numbness in my right thumb and right index finger from 2 days after i woke up in the morning. In the morning it was more and after few hours i am feeling it less or may be i got use to it. Today is 3rd day it still not gone yet, it never happened before. In past it was happened only for few minutes. I have lipomas on my body and i am taking lemon with warm water in the morning from few days. is that can be a reason for that??? Please help, do i need to visit a doctor or it is just some vitamin deficiency.
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 28 hours later
Brief Answer: Consult a Neurologist Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Though such symptoms can be seen due to lack of vitamins, I strongly suggest you to consult a Neurologist who after examining you will rule out any spinal nerve problems which can cause such symptoms. regards,