What causes nausea, loose motions and pain in abdomen inspite of having too much coffee and alcohol?
User rating for this question
Hello. I have been feeling nauseous for the last 12 hours straight, and feeling incredibly anxious. On Thursday, I drank a LOT of coffee/caffeine, very little water, and then drank a lot of alcohol on an empty stomach (dumb, I know). Yesterday, I was exhausted, and drank coffee all day, no water, and started to feel hungover as the day went on. Last night around 8pm, I started to get a stomach ache and have diarrhea. Then I woke up at 2 a.m. with more diarrhea, and again at 3 a.m. I wanted to sleep, so I took an Immitrix pill, even though I didn't have a headache. I still couldn't sleep, because I was feeling nauseous, so I took another Immitrix pill (all on an empty stomach), and then this morning I was still feeling nauseous and had diarrhea again. I've gotten an upset stomach for taking Immitrix on an empty stomach before, but now it's 2pm and I'm still feeling nauseous. I've been drinking water and Gatorade today but food made me feel sick. Now, a month ago I had sex and my period is supposed to start next week. I am on the pill, and up until last night, I was feeling fine, just like normal PMS systems. Now I'm freaking out and I'm not sure what's going on, and I think my stress/worry is making me more sick. What's going on here, and what can I do to make myself feel better?
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: antibiotics, Domperidone, antacid Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for an elucidate history. This is very possible that you are suffering from a form of gastroenteritis. There is a combination of nausea, and loose motions and pain in abdomen. Taking too much coffee and alcohol enhanced the problems. Imitrix has given you problems before too, which might have added to the problems. I would advise such patients to go for an antibiotic for the intestinal infection along with some medicines which quieten the bowel and the mind too. I would add Ranitidine or a PPI, may be tab Domperidone 10 mg at an interval of 8 hours and antacid to control the nausea. Once the nausea settles, take plenty of oral fluids to keep you well hydrated. Stress is a part of life and will reduce with improvement in intestinal condition. If these remedies do not help you have to visit a Doctor or ER ASAP. No coffee or such beverages strictly till you get alright.
Follow-up: What causes nausea, loose motions and pain in abdomen inspite of having too much coffee and alcohol? 4 hours later
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Complete the course for gastro. Detailed Answer: Hi. Most welcome. Yes, the symptoms you mentioned can be due to gastro. You are already on the pill , there has to be no reason to worry about pregnancy.
People also viewed
- What causes headachesstomach pain and nausea
- What is the cause of epigastric pain and nausea
- Pregnant and spotting everytime i poop
- What causes chest pains and nausea
- Sharp stomach painthrowing up everytime i
- Have ulcerative colitis had surgery can i still get pregnant
- Listen music while sleeping everyday
- Had bleeding with clots have painful swollen lump external hemorrhoid
- Have crohns disease taken laxatives no bowel movement help
- Periods delayed on medication for gastric ulcer pregnancy possibility
- Why am i sweating everytime i sleep
- Have fever vomiting prolonged hiccups taken injections liver problem
- What causes nausea and abdominal pain
- Man washing his hair everyday
- What causes severe abdomen pain with cramps and nausea