What causes missed menstrual period?

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Hi my name is XXXXXXX and i have a question about my period. My first day of my last period was jan15 2014 and i havent had one since. I took two home test they came back negative and then i got blood work done and that came back negative, im alittle concerned on why im missing periods if im not pregnant
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: You don't need to worry Detailed Answer: Hello! Thanks for your query. If you aren't pregnant,a missed menstrual period may be due to a wide variety of both physical and emotional conditions that range from lifestyle stress to rare and serious diseases. Many of the conditions that underlie missed menstrual periods interfere with the body's hormonal balance, particularly regarding levels of the sex hormones. If you haven't any other problem ,you don't need to worry until you haven't missed three menstrual periods in a row. If this happen , you should go to consult with your doctor for further evaluation. Take care of your self
Follow-up: What causes missed menstrual period? 26 minutes later
what is it u mean by sex hormones?
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Estrogen and progesterone. Detailed Answer: Hello! There are two major female sex hormones: estrogen and progesterone