What causes mild pinkish brown discharge without any pain or itching after unprotected sex and UTI?

I just got off my period on December 30th. my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on the 31st. everything seemed fine until January 1st when i noticed i had pinkish brown discharge when i wiped myself. i noticed itching as well. so I washed and went to bed. iv been at work all day today and there has been no itching i am not in pain and there is no odor or irritation but i am still showing small amounts of brown discharge still. what could it be? my period was normal just like any other period it came on schedule. a month ago i went to the doctor about pain in pelvic and was tested. i had no sexually transmitted diseases but i did have a UTI and was diagnosed with BV and was treated for both( Sulfamethoxazole-tmp and metronidazole). around the time of finishing my medication for these two things my cycle started. Ive never had BV before but i have had three UTI in the past 7 years.
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Likely to be left over period bleeding. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The mild pinkish brown discharge that you are having now without any pain or itching is likely to be due to the left over blood from the periods that you had recently. This is likely to be a normal variation. Since there is no discharge or itching an infection is not likely. This discharge is likely to reduce on its own in next 2-3 days. Avoid having sex till then. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL