What causes low period bleedings inspite of having Dilation and Curettage procedure?
User rating for this question
A brief history about me, i had a D&C in 2012 sep, after that, i have my monthly periods normal in 29-32 days, only difference after D&C is , it reduced from 4/5 days to 3/4 days and its not heavy flow as it used to be. This month , the day my period started, i got an urinary infection and took medicines Norflox500 and Urispas, but my periods have come down to 2 days only with less flow. Is there any thing to worry or get concerned.. I am married and i checked 9/10 days back for pregnancy home kit, its negative. Please help...
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Decreased flow is more likely due to the infection Detailed Answer: Hi Ms. XXXX, Thanks for writing to us. The most likely cause of the scanty flow and decreased duration during the current cycle is the urinary infection. Once the infection is completely cured, you can expect your usual pattern to resume. If you are on any contraception at present, pregnancy is less likely. For a home pregnancy test to give a proper result, you should be at least 3-7 days post a missed period. In the current scenario, even if it is a pregnancy, you cannot expect urine tests to give a conclusive result. It would be advisable to go for the serum beta-hCG measurement if you strongly suspect pregnancy. If the blood test is negative, you can safely wait for your next period. If you develop any symptoms, see your gynecologist for further management. This is though, a rare possibility. Hope your query has been answered. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help. regards, Shanti.V.
People also viewed
- What causes dilated neck veins
- What drugs cause dilated pupils
- What causes unequal pupil dilation
- Dangers of ipl to lymph nodes
- What is a fibroid cyst
- How dangerous is meizitang
- Ovarian cysts or fibroids symptoms
- What is cause of dilatation of pelvi calyceal system
- Early signs of ovarian cysts
- Hemorrhagic ovarian cyst irregular period
- Laptops on lap dangerous
- Hemorrhagic ovarian cyst leaking symptoms
- What causes pupils to dilate
- Pregnant ketones in urine dangerous
- Is petroleum jelly dangerous to penile injection