What causes low back pain which radiating to hips after a hysterectomy?

I had a hysterectomy lAst year (2-4-2013) and I have had low back pain which radiates down my hips since. I have had an x-ray of my lumbar spin e and my right hip and found out I have surgical clips. Is that normal? Why the pain in my back?
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Surgical clips are a normal finding. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The surgical clips that you have found on X-ray are a normal finding after a hysterectomy. The low back pain that you are having is not related to these clips. The pain your back could be due to - Poor postural habits Muscular strain Ligaments sprain Herniated disc Spinal stenosis Osteoporosis Fibromyalgia If its unbearable take medications or muscle relaxant prescribed by your physician. And if it has been long standing illness visit your orthopaedician and clinically-radiologically establish a diagnosis to commence definitive treatment. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL