What causes loose motions?

I am suffering from motion ealier taken norflox tz not work but from today taken Tab Cifran 500mgs (1 tab twice a day after meals) X 10 days 2. Tab Metrogyl 400mgms (1 tab three times a day after meals)X 14 days. 3. Tab rantac 150 mgms ( 1 tab twice aday before meals ) x 14 days. as not able to take any milk or related product also not able to take raw veg or salad is above line of treatment is ok or to add something sometime a vomit feeling too intake of food is ok
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need more information Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. I would like to have some more information before I can give my opinion. 1. How long have you been having loose stools? 2. Any blood or mucus in stool? 3.Are you having abdominal pain? 4. Are you having fever? 5. Any tests done so far? 6. How is your urine output? Kindly get back to me with these information and I will give my opinion. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Follow-up: What causes loose motions? 57 minutes later
1.for few years this problem but ok after taking medicine 2.yes mucus sometime loose motion sometime hard with mucus sometime heaviness with gas unable to pass 5.motion n urine with acidic reaction ultrasound done 3 months earlier normal 6.took 2 to 3 ltrs water urine output is ok sometime yellow Medicine Bp concor am 5 once daily Earlier taken duvanta np 20 for neuro Anxiety problem also
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 40 hours later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, You are having loose stools for quite sometime now. The medications you are taking now may not provide relief. You need to undergo more tests to find the cause of chronic diarrhea. The tests to be done are - 1. Complete blood count 2. Blood glucose 3. Thyroid function test 4. Tests for celiac disease and other malabsorption syndrome 5. Upper GI endoscopy with duodenal biopsy 6. Colonoscopy Consult a gastroenterologist in your area for these tests. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini